Restaurant.com is having an 80% off sale. You can get a $25 certificate for $2 today through 1.31.2011 with promo code: MEAL.
Head over to Restaurant.com to have a look. Be sure to use the promo code at checkout!
1. Visit Restaurant.com and enter the zip code for where you want to dine.
2. Browse the restaurants in your area
3. You pick the restaurants you want and add them to your cart
4. You enter the code MEAL at checkout, to save 80% on your total! ($25 gift certificates normally sell for $10 on Restaurant.com, so 70% off that is only $2)
5. After you’ve purchased your gift certificates they just hang out in your account until you print them and you want to use them. They last an entire year. So you can print them when you buy them or print them as you use them, your choice. Print out the certificate, bring it to the restaurant and give it to your server.
6. Read the small print for your restaurant. Most require a $35 purchase and an 18% gratuity on the original bill total (which you really should be paying anyway).
Here’s a dining scenario:
Spend $35 on dinner – $25 gift certificate = $10
PLUS 18% gratuity on $35 = +$6.35
TOTAL out of pocket at restaurant = $16.35
PLUS the $2 you paid for the gift card = $18.35 for a $42 meal (that includes a $7 tip!)