Friday, August 27, 2010

Why You Should Shop With Coupons

On Tuesday, I had a rough day at work and needed a round of retail therapy. I really didn’t have anything that I just had to purchase other than snack food to go in my lunches for work. But I took a look in my expired coupons and went to Dominick’s to shop away. (Dominick’s accepts expired coupons up to one year)


If you look at the picture above I purchased a lot of items. Some of these items were impulse buys such as the Ice Mountain Spring Water. (That is some nasty stuff) But it was $.35 a piece after coupons. My other impulse purchases were the Glade candles. (I order all of my candles from Candle Addiction, tell her that Antoinette sent you) :-)  What I noticed while shopping is that there are too many people paying FULL price for items that they can get for at the very minimum half off.

That is when it hit me; I have to continue to share the great news about coupons with the un-informed people of Chicago. When I am in the stores shopping, people turn up their noses and smack their lips when I pull out all of my coupons. (They remind me of my students when I pass out a pop quiz) Then, when the cashier tells me my total . . . . they are shocked by my grand total of $29.63 for $92.89 worth of items. That is almost 65% savings.

Now ask yourself? How many times have you said that you spent way too much on 4 bags of groceries?


I ask that you take a look at what you spend on grocers and household items a month and think about cutting that cost at the very minimum in half. Imagine what can be done with the half that you didn’t spend. Pay more on bills, save for a vacation, and purchase your Christmas items two months early.

Shopping with coupons is what I do daily. It is not for everybody, but if it is for you, I ask that you start couponing today. On Sunday August 29th there will be 3 inserts in the Chicago Tribune: P&G, Red Plum, and Smart Source! The Chicago Tribune is advertising that their will be $700 worth of coupons this Sunday’s paper.

This is your week to being your coupon journey. You can also print coupon from this website. By clicking on the coupons.com and redplum.com link, you are supporting me. If you have any questions, e-mail me at sistersavealot@gmail.com, leave a message on my Facebook wall at www.facebook.com/sistersavealot or use the contact form that can be found on my page.

Keep in mind that Sister Save-A-Lot provides different services. We offer in home “Coupon Parties”, “1 on 1 Coupon Consulting”, “Coupon Class”,  and a Personal Grocery Shopper. If you want details on any of these services, use the contact information listed above.
Why You Should Shop With CouponsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by Sister Save-A-Lot! I value you as my readers; therefore, I value your advice, tips and comments. Please be mind full that this is a "Family Friendly" blog.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you again soon!

With Love
Antoinette